If you haven’t had the pleasure five fingers of cramming your pinky toe into the Vibram Five Fingers yet then you are behind the times. Barefoot running…well I guess, SEMI-barefoot running is creating buzz all over the pavement. After my experience with the rubber socks I have become quite the advocate for the footwear shift.
A couple years ago I was working at 2010 Mens Vibram KSO Backcountry.com when one Brett Williams walked barefoot across the office. The company is casual but I wasn’t sure if this was pushing the hygiene envelope a little too much. Later I noticed he would wear these funky toe shoes which were the Vibram Five fingers. He gave me a quick sales pitch on why barefoot running would turn me into bionic man over night but other than that I put this topic on the back burner.
Last fall this trend seemed to 2010 Mens Vibram Sprint take off and hit my desk once again. Vibram was gracious to send me a pair and for the last six months I’ve been rockin’ the rubber toes. Barefoot running is like telemarking. It was this VIP elite group of people but then when Adam Buchanan started doing it everyone joined in. So if you’ve recently adopted the Five Fingers, you’re welcome.
I spent about 20 minutes maneuvering 2010 Women Vibram each pinky toe into it’s place for my pilot run. After walking around in them a bit my feet felt absolutely free. As if they have been trying to tell me something for a long time. I walked around for the afternoon and by the time I got home I ripped them off and rubbed my shins. The advice “take it easy at first” really set in deep.
I’m no expert or foot scientist Mens Vibram KSO but you have to take it slow. This is a whole new way of walking/running and our feet take a while to get use to it. On my next jaunt I ran one lap at the track and called it a day. Another thing you will notice is feeling EVERY little rock which also takes some coordination while running.
After you get past the rocks and shin splints, running in this type of footwear is amazing. The experience makes it so you can focus on what you are doing. Free your heels, free your feet. See, I told you this was like telemarking.
If you take these out in public get ready for the comments. But mostly you’ll find people have tried them and like them. Over the past 6 months I haven’t heard much negative feedback, unless they haven’t used them which makes no sense whatsoever.
Cross fit is perfect for the Vibrams. Vibram Five Fingers Classic I followed my doctor friend the other day in a session and was bugged he had his Vibrams and I was reviewing the Saucony Kinvara. I went back to the gym and tried a balance exercise with a medicine ball where you stand on blocks. I loved how I could focus on my balance and feel every little movement in my feet.
没有评论:
发表评论